Trainee Bar Steward (f/m)
- Responsible for the work flow in the assigned Bar area.
- Responsible for smooth and up-to-standard work in the assigned Bar area, especially for the implementation of the agreed standards and recipes.
- Strict adherence to all agreed regulations (USPH/HACCP, ISM/ISO, SQM, TUIC Service standards), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility
- Serving of all bar beverages in strict adherence to the set recipes and standards.
- Ensure all operations are carried out with the utmost economy consistent with the agreed quality standards.
- Implementation and checks of the professional storage of all equipment in compliance with the agreed standards
- Notification and handling of all relevant (unusual) events, such as damages, repairs, security violation etc.
- Active contribution to the compilation and checking of the food, beverage and consumables orders for the work area in strict adherence to budget-related and other
- Checking procedures of routine tasks, such as set ups as well as storing of goods and equipment up to standard.
- Preparation and regular checks of logs and check lists
- Inventory planning, examination and control of stock movements and orders in the area of responsibility
- Organisation of special events
- Loading and suitcase carrying assistance
- Service assistance (only in special cases)
- Cleaning and sanitizing of workplace and utensils, wearing/using PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Always aim at continuous improvement
- Active implementation of the philosophy behind the product
- Secure the careful handling of the company’s property, the complete stock and working
- Knowledge of the assigned security roll number (from the ship’s articles) and the assigned duties in case of an emergency.
- During take-over and shipyard times, additional tasks have to be fulfilled if required.
Qualification / Job experience
- Qualified training in an hotel or restaurant
- Economical, budget-orientated thinking; ability to understand business targets
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Knowledge of all beverages (including wine) served in a bar, and of the related
- Good command of the German and English language
- Living up to service
- Good educational background
- Minimum age 20
- Authority, flexibility and organising ability, sensitivity
- Good manners
- Cost and quality awareness
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very well groomed appearance
Area of responsibility
- Responsible for the work flow in the assigned Bar area
- Another Trainee Bar or Bar Waiter