Trainee Restaurant (f/m) – 1024 EUR
Whether off the coast of the Canary Islands, in the fjords off Norway or in the Mediterranean – Mein Schiff, the TUI Cruises ship designed for well-being and relaxation, offers its guests customised service and personal hospitality at the highest level. For Mein Schiff, we require a team which makes every day on the ocean a fascinating experience and which considers the title “premium“ to refer to its own performance. Turn Mein Schiff into “your“ ship now!
The on board language with the passengers is German. Therefore excellent knowledge of German language is compulsory as well as conversational English.
- Responsible for the work flow in the assigned Restaurant area.
- Strict adherence to all agreed regulations (USPH/HACCP, ISM/ISO, SQM, TUIC Service standards), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure all operations are carried out with the utmost economy consistent with the agreed quality standards.
- Implementation and checks of the professional storage of all equipment in compliance with the agreed standards
- Notification and handling of all relevant (unusual) events, such as damages, repairs, security violation etc.
- Active contribution to the compilation and checking of the food, beverage and consumables orders for the work area in strict adherence to budget-related and other
- Checking procedures of routine tasks, such as set ups as well as storing of goods and equipment up to standard.
- Preparation and regular checks of logs and check lists
- Inventory planning, examination and control of stock movements and orders in the area of responsibility
- Organisation of special events
- Loading and suitcase carrying assistance
- Service assistance (only in special cases)
- Cleaning and sanitizing of workplace and utensils, wearing/using PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Always aim at continuous improvement
- Active implementation of the philosophy behind the product
- Secure the careful handling of the company’s property, the complete stock and working
- Knowledge of the assigned security roll number (from the ship’s articles) and the assigned duties in case of an emergency.
- During take-over and shipyard times, additional tasks have to be fulfilled if required.
Qualification / Job experience
- Qualified training in an hotel or restaurant
- Economical, budget-orientated thinking; ability to understand business targets
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Knowledge of all beverages (including wine) served in a bar, and of the related
- Good command of the German and English language
- Living up to service
- Good educational background
- Minimum age 20
- Authority, flexibility and organising ability, sensitivity
- Good manners
- Cost and quality awareness
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very well groomed appearance